This page will be updated frequently with more details, please keep checking back as we add them!
Landscaping with Colorado Native Plants – the first conference of its kind in Colorado!
Saturday, March 12, 2016
8am – 5pm
Location: The Ranch Events Center / Larimer County Fairgrounds, Thomas M. McKee 4-H, Youth & Community Building
The program starts with our keynote speaker, Susan Tweit
This is followed by breakout sessions (which sessions will be opposite each other will be determined by interest during registration)
Breakout session speakers and topics (you will be able to attend three)
- Designing with Natives – Karla Dakin
- Construction of Native Landscapes – Allison Peck, Matrix Gardens
Passive Rainwater Harvesting / Planning for Micro-climates – Jim Tolstrup, High Plains Environmental Center
- Edible Native Plants – Karen Vail and Mary O’Brien
- Native Plants for Your Landscape – Irene Shonle, Colorado Extension & Native Plant Master Program
- Habitat Gardens – Susan Crick Smith, Wild Ones
As the finale, we will be treated to some quick virtual garden tours, where the following people will showcase their native gardens:
- Carol English & Dave Elin (Morrison residential garden / rock garden)
- Mimi Elmore , Wild By Design (wildbydesignhabitats.com)
- Jan & Charlie Turner (Golden residential garden)
- Rick Brune (prairie garden)
- Kenton Smith
Lunch, drinks and snacks are provided with your registration fee.
We will have vendor booths available during registration, lunch and breaks
*contact us if you’d like to be a volunteer to help with set up or technology for a reduced fee.